The Forestry update is a new social Woodcutting expansion that will be released in two parts. Part One is scheduled to be released on July 20, 2023, and Part Two will be released in August 2023.
Part One Features
- New tree spawn mechanics: Trees will now despawn on a timer that activates after the first cut and regenerates if players stop cutting the tree. The timer length would be based on the average time each different type of tree currently lasts.
- Group cutting bonuses: Multiple players chopping the same tree will now receive an invisible Woodcutting bonus which scales with the number of players, up to a maximum of 10.
- Forestry Kit: A new wearable item that will let you store a plethora of new tools and materials so you can interact with Gielinor's forests in whole new ways.
- Forestry events: Four different Forestry events will now appear. These events will reward players with Anima Infused Bark, a new untradeable currency only found in Forestry.
- Friendly Forester's Forestry Shop: A new shop that sells a variety of items related to Forestry, including the Forestry Kit, Forestry events tickets, and rewards from Forestry events.
How to Prepare for Forestry
If you're interested in participating in the Forestry update, there are a few things you can do to prepare. First, make sure you have a decent Woodcutting level. You can use our handy Wood Cutting Calculator to help you level up! The new content in Forestry is designed for players with Woodcutting levels of 50 and above. Second, gather some basic Woodcutting supplies, such as an axe and some food. Finally, familiarize yourself with the new tree spawn mechanics and group cutting bonuses.
Forestry: Part Two
Forestry: Part Two is coming in September! This is the second half of the massive Forestry update, which was split into two parts so that everything could get the attention it needs.
Coming In Part Two, more information on the following will be available:
- Leaves and Tertiary Effects: Trees will now drop leaves, which can be used to create a variety of new items and to improve the effectiveness of your Woodcutting skills. Leaves will also have tertiary effects, such as providing a boost to your Woodcutting level or giving you a chance to find rare items.
- Campfires and Bonfires: You'll be able to build campfires and bonfires in the forests, which will provide you with a place to rest and cook food. Bonfires will also give you a Woodcutting boost.
- Tea Brewing: You'll be able to brew tea from leaves and other ingredients, which will provide you with a variety of benefits, such as increased Woodcutting speed or a chance to find rare items.
- New Events: There will be a variety of new events happening in the forests, such as tree-planting competitions and leaf-collecting challenges. These events will reward you with new items and rewards.
- New Rewards: There will be a variety of new rewards available in Forestry: Part Two, including a new 2-handed axe, new cosmetics, and new recipes.
- Balancing and Feedback Changes: We'll be making a number of balancing changes to Forestry: Part Two based on your feedback. We'll also be adding new features and rewards based on your suggestions.
The Forestry update is a major new addition to RuneScape that will offer players a new way to train Woodcutting and interact with the world of Gielinor. With its new features, events, and rewards, Forestry is sure to be a popular update with players of all levels.
Forestry, Woodcutting, update, new features, group cutting bonuses, Forestry Kit, Forestry events, Friendly Forester's Forestry Shop, Ice Trolls, Arctic Pine Logs